"Whateverland is a hand-painted point-n-click adventure game with a branching dialogue system, non-linear gameplay, various endings and unique in-game turn-based board game.
Find your way out of a magical prison called Whateverland with a charming ghost Nick by your side, get to meet the charismatic locals, steal and deceive or be a good boy and help others to discover all the different endings to this bizarre adventure.
Each level can be completed in at least two different ways: you either steal from people or help them. The rich branching dialogues will tell you more about the world and its inhabitants, as well as influence your relationship with Whateverlanders and your sidekick Nick.
There is no particular order of chapters in this game. More than that, if you ever feel stuck, you can drop your current chapter at any point in the story, and move to another one. And then another one. And another... You get the point.
Whateverland features 19 mini-games in total, although you won’t be able to complete all of them in a single playthrough. Along with challenges like giving a tattoo to a merman and making top-notch ramen (you know, the usual), on the path of a thief you will encounter a variety of locks simply begging to be cracked.
Vincent is a skilled thief who decides to steal a precious necklace from a mansion of a lonely old woman named Beatrice. His plan would have gone perfectly well, but when she catches him red-handed, she turns out to be an ancient, powerful witch.
As a punishment, Beatrice sends him to the parallel world she has created, where the witch traps those she considers her enemies. The first inhabitants of this bizarre world called it Whateverland, and since then it kind of stuck.
Vincent teams up with a charming, yet a little annoying ghost named Nick, and together they have to find their way out.
Are they going to make it? That's for you to decide!
- A not so classic point-n-click.
- You can steal stuff. Or not – it’s your call.
- Your actions define the ending and what people think of you.
- The most annoying sidekick in the universe. (We still love you, Nick)
- You can talk to people. Not sure they’re gonna talk to you though.
- Turn-based strategy sport simulator included in the game. With magic.
- Loads of mini-games. At least 2.
- Music recorded with a real sextet. How sexy is that?
- Beautiful hand-drawn art style.
- OS: Windows 7 (64 Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- Graphics: NVidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti, AMD Radeon HD 7790
- Storage: 7 GB available space